There is a saying in the CT world, “If man can make it, make can break it.” Since the dawn of time groups have been trying to get the tactical and strategic edge on others… occupying higher ground, using terrain to delay the enemy and using the element of concealment for surprise to their advantage. This application is good, but only for a nominal period. Simply putting up barriers does little to really protect who or what you are protecting. A fence simply keeps the honest out and may slow the dishonest a small bit.
To be smart about securing your assets, you have to layer the defense in different ways. Having a fortress may well deter the opportunistic villain, but the dedicated villain, the angry one, the one coming for destruction will not be deterred.
Combine your approach to include:
- Effective physical protective measures
- Good and efficient communication plans
- Training and understanding of the process
- Have methods of delaying a violent intruder
- Have minimal and control entrances but multiple escape routes
- Have a plan to separate, rendezvous and communicate with responding elements
Stay frosty my friends